Chicken can be prepared in different ways by changing the flavors and preparation methods. One of the famous Italian dishes that involves chicken is the Chicken Parmesan that you can devour at an Italian restaurant. It is one of the staple chicken preparation in Italian households that has some traditional values as well.
The recipe of traditional Chicken Parmesan is quite extensive as it involves a lot of frying, baking, and cleaning up. So, instead of going with a traditional recipe, we will learn how to prepare Skillet Chicken Parmesan with the same flavors but in less time. The only different thing that you would require for a skillet Chicken Parmesan is a good quality skillet. It is essential to understand that cooking in the skillet has got plenty of benefits that can enhance your dishes. For instance, it keeps the food hot for long hours with its amazing heat retention capacity.
So take out your favorite skillet and get started!
Before going to the preparation method, getting the necessary things to make this amazing recipe is essential. So here’s the list of things that you need to arrange before start preparing the Chicken Parmesan.
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour: 1 cup
- Black pepper: 1 teaspoon
- Large egg: 1
- Grated Parmesan cheese: 1 cup
- Italian breadcrumbs: 1 up
- Chicken cutlets: 1 ½ – 2 pounds
- Olive oil: 1 cup
- Sliced garlic cloves: 2
- Diced onions: ½
- Marinara tomato sauce: 2 cups (homemade)
- Sliced mozzarella cheese: 6 ounces
- Fresh basil, red pepper flakes: garnish
- Spaghetti or rich: serving
#Note: You must use a good quality non-stick skillet for preparing Chicken Parmesan.
Methods To Prepare
Now that you have arranged all the ingredients let’s begin with the preparation. Follow the steps diligently to make a perfect Skillet Chicken Parmesan.
- Before you start preparing, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and heat the olive oil over medium heat on the skillet.
- The next step is to bread the chicken. For this, you need to prepare the dressing for the chicken. First, you need to stir the flour with salt and pepper in a bowl and then whisk the egg in the second bowl. Take a third bowl and mix Parmesan with bread crumbs. Now start coating the chicken cutlets with the flour, and don’t forget to dust off the excess.
- After coating the chicken, you need to transfer it to the egg batter and coat it again. Make sure the chicken is completely drenched in eggs. At last, coat the chicken with breadcrumbs and set it aside.
- Now you need to fry the chicken. Before adding the chicken make sure the oil is ready for frying. Add the chicken cutlets into the oil and fry for 4 minutes. Make sure the chicken is 90% cooked as it should not be cooked thoroughly. After 4 minutes of frying in the skillet, remove the chicken and set it aside for cooling. Don’t clean up the skillet, leave some oil in it.
- The next up is preparing the sauce for the Chicken Parmesan. For this, you need to add the sliced and diced garlic and onion into the skillet ad cook it for 2 minutes on medium heat. Here you need to add the marinara sauce and simmer down the flame so that onion and garlic can completely soak the sauce’s flavor.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet over the sauce. Top the chicken piece with mozzarella cheese slice. Put the skillet into the oven, which was preheating. Bake the chicken for 12 minutes at 165 degrees F till you see the sauce bubbling and cheese melting. Take out the skillet after 12 minutes and check whether the chicken is completely baked and got the right flavors.
- The most tempting part of preparing Skillet Chicken Parmesan comes where you need to garnish and serve it. You can either serve it with cooked spaghetti or rice. Try garnishing it with pepper flakes and fresh basil; you can try different ingredients for garnishing as per your taste preference.
How To Store The Leftover?
If you can’t eat the whole Chicken Parmesan in a single go, you can save it for further servings. You can store the leftover for at least 4-5 days in the fridge once it is cooled. If you need to taste your Chicken Parmesan, just take it out from the fridge, and reheat in the oven at 325-degree F for a few minutes and serve it with sauce cheese.
When you prepare a cheesy Chicken Parmesan for dinner, no one could say no! With the right flavor of cheese, marinara sauce, and well-cooked chicken, this Italian recipe makes perfect dinner meal. You can also experiment with the favors and add new ingredients, but it is essential to stay true to the traditional recipe. The above-mentioned recipe is as true and authentic as it can be. So, take your aprons out and give a treat to your taste buds